Monday, March 10, 2008

The Search for Lemons

Tonight and tomorrow morning, Shawn gets to drink lots and lots of fun medicine to prepare for the colonoscopy. In the instructions, it mentions that sucking on a lemon before drinking it will make it taste a little better. So just before he had to start the medicine tonight at 6, I went in search of lemons.


The cafeteria was just closing, but also I don't think I saw lemons there earlier today. Found nothing at the drugstore I found the next building over, nor any of the fast food places nearby. went back to the hotel with a few bottles of Sierra Mist for him, but no lemons.


As he took the first of tonight's 4 doses, my foggy brain finally came up with the perfect place to get lemons - in a bar! We're staying at the Kahler Inn and Suites, which has no bar, but the Kahler Grand Hotel a block away does - so off I went in search of lemons.


A kind bartender at the bar handed me a few lemons. Shawn informs me that it does make the medicine taste slightly better. I think finding lemons may have been the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always coming up with your creative solutions, Sheri! Glad the lemon helps.

Good luck today, Shawn.