Friday, February 8, 2008

Reflection

I am sitting here in my lounge at IU right now thinking of a way to describe how everything is going and how it's been.  There are no words though that can really explain any of this.  The hardest aspect right now is trying to maintain a normal life here.  On top of that, the most concerning thing for me right now is not the pain and the doctors, etc.  The hardest part of all of this is the stress that it puts on the people I love.  I hate watching them suffer through this and I can't even begin to comprehend the pain they all must be going through.  I  will always be amazed at their strength and forever grateful for the love and support everyone's given me.  I can't begin to name everyone for their contributions but some of the people that stick out:
My mom and dad for their unwavering commitment, love and strength.  They have sat in every waiting room, stayed in the hospital with me, and done everything in their power to end this nightmare.
Arie has stood by me through all of this with more grace and strength than I could imagine.  I will never be able to thank her for how much strength she has given me through her undying support and kindness and I only hope that if I was ever in her situation, I would be able to go through it with even a small percentage of the grace that she has.  
The outpouring of support and prayers in all of my communities has been remarkable and I could never thank everyone enough.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Shawn

There is no place that we would rather be than at your side through all this. And there is nothing more than we can hope and pray for than you to return to health. We want to see back on top of the world, having the time of your life at IU, and getting pictures of you with that wonderful smile on your face. May it be soon.

Dave said...

PS

Don't forget that we let you win at Monopoly...
;-P

Sheri said...

You are beyond a doubt the greatest son a parent could ever ask for. As your dad says - there is no where else on earth we'd rather be than by your side as you have to go through this. And nothing more important in the entire world to us than seeing you get better.