Friday, January 25, 2008

Home sweet home

It was so nice to be home today. I woke Shawn up at 10 to take his BP medicine but he then went back to sleep till after 11. I think it's the longest he's slept in quite a while.

He's had a few friends who are going to school locally stop by today - first Kisa, now Spencer. He's also been getting calls and emails from so many friends, it's heartwarming. He got an incredible email from Jeffrey which really lifted his spirits - Thanks Jeffrey. I liked what you had to say even before you told him to hug his mom; and by the way I completely agree with your assessment of what an incredible person Shawn is!

I'm also overwhelmed and heartened by the outpouring of support I've had - my family, friends, co-workers... it really helps keep my spirits up. Thanks to all of you. I truly feel blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

More details about next week: Turns out there are three scans, first one Monday, second on Tuesday, and final scan on Wednesday. We'll be that at 10:30 Monday for workup and injection, back at 2 for the scan. Then 7:00 on Tuesday and 8:30 on Wednesday. The Wednesday scan will be the longest, about 2 1/2 hours. The other two are about an hour each.

No news at all today, but his doctor is trying to get us on the schedule to meet a surgeon on Wednesday afternoon while Shawn's still here.

No comments: