Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Call at 5am starts the recovery part of this journey!

got a call this morning at 5am.  Shawn's doctor said he made a judgement call last night that he should have had Dave and I make.  He thinks Shawn has an adrenal tumor and that he should not only be diagnosed but also there are treatments he can start which will make him feel better.  Last night he was toying with having Shawn go to the ER, but as Shawn wasn't feeling bad when he talked to him his thought was that he'd have the doctor at the clinic make arrangements for him to be admitted to the hospital today.  But last night he looked up Bloomington, realized the hospital there was likely to be small, and that maybe we wanted him here in Chicago instead.  (Which we DO).

Just got him on the 10:00 flight, gets here at 10:00 as well (time zone change) and we'll take him from there to Northwestern.  Not sure when I'll have more to report, but I can update this from my phone as we know more.  I'll call when I can but to be honest the best way to keep up right now will be through this blog.  

Technology at its finest - Google Docs started this ball rolling and Google's blog will keep you up to date.  I may buy more Google stock when this is over.

No comments: