Monday, November 9, 2009

New Developments - post from shawn

The good news is that the mestonin increase has helped dramatically in my ability to move my legs, breathe and chew.. The bad news was I had the flu a few weeks ago.  The good news is that I've (mostly) recovered from the flu now.

Unfortunately, for some reason on Friday I started having problems breathing while I was lying down and my weakness progressed dramatically. I went to the IU health center today. After running an ECG (EKG), there was a new red flag, something called atrioventricular block which is a problem with the conduction between the atria and ventricles of the heart. The assumption is that I may have something called cardiomyopathy which is secondary to whatever the underlying disease is.

At this point, I have an echocardiogram on Wednesday morning and I am supposed to stay away from campus for a few more weeks. Other than that, we're going to go see the Endocrinologist at U of C and see where we go from here.

No comments: