Thursday, July 30, 2009

does anybody really know what time it is?

Dave and I are in Bloomington; this morning Shawn had an appointment with an oral surgeon to have a biopsy of some spots on his tongue. The appointment was for 9:00. We were going to pick Shawn up at 8:30 so we'd get there with plenty of time to fill out the paperwork that comes with seeing a new doctor.

We woke up, went to Bloomington Bagel for a quick breakfast and got back to the car at about 8:30. I called Shawn to tell him we were running a few minutes late and would be right there. He was sound asleep. His phone was set to wake him up at 8:00 but it said it was only 7:30. I looked at my phone which also said 7:30, very confusing. Dave insisted that it really was 8:30, so we went to the front desk and asked what time it was. They verified that it was indeed 8:30. So I called Shawn back and told him to wake up, we'd be right there.

We drove to the surgeon's office, out past the mall. Pulled into a place that said "Dental Office" except that wasn't the right place. Finally arrived at the correct location at about 9:01.

The good news for the day is that the oral surgeon doesn't think he needs a biopsy at this point. He said to come back if there are any changes, otherwise he wants to see Shawn again in three months.

Our phones are still showing the wrong time - so to know what time it is all I have to do is look at the phone and then add an hour. OR, I can look at my watch and add an hour (since the watch is still on Central time). At some point I assume the phone will be correct and I'll still be adding an hour at which point I will again not know what time it is.

But for the moment, I'd have to say that the answer to my question above is: "does anybody really care?"

No comments: