Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wind is the Wonder Drug

Our first day home has been both wonderful and rocky. Wonderful to be
back in our own beds, so much more comfortable than the hospital.
Rocky in that Shawn's temperature continues to dance around between
100 and 101. Briefly near 102 last night but no higher than 101 today.

The doctor said that the best guess at this point is still the lungs,
and to continue with the deep breathing exercises. Wind is the wonder
drug; he just needs to keep forcing it in his body.

We're all also suffering a little from sleep deprivation I think. It
took an awful long time last night to figure out all the meds he's on;
finally I got it all down on a spreadsheet so we could make sure he
got the right pills at the right times!

Last night I think he slept 6 consecutive hours which is about the
longest any of us have had since last week before the surgery.

He's napping now which means I should be as well.

Sent from my iPhone :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it home. I am sure it is a lot better to be home than in the hospital. thinking of you guys.

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys get lots of good, healing rest. Keep on keeping on!

Lynne said...

Hang in there guys I love you all and am thinking about you.