Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy 20th Birthday Shawn

Here's what Shawn looked like 20 years ago today.  He's grown a little since then.  Shawn was born 6 weeks early at 6:46 pm on Feb  7.  He weighed 4 lbs, 15 1/2 oz (2260 grams).  I only saw him for a few seconds before they whisked him away to the NICU.  My second sight of him was a few hours later - he had tubes in his nose to help him breathe.  And his little tiny hands were on either side of the tubes, as if to pull them out.  I took one look at him and knew he was a fighter and he'd be just fine. 

He's still a fighter and he's still going to be just fine - this fight might be take a little longer but it is going to be just as successful.   

2 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Awww. That picture is precious. He had a lot of hair!

With you as his mother, he will have all the support he needs to get through this. I know he realizes how lucky he is to have you.

Happy Birthday Shawn!

Unknown said...

Sheri
Shawn is not the only fighter in your family!!!!! I'm thinking of u guys &yes I Love my new toy!!!!!!