Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Open enrollment also = $$Expensive

Let me make this very clear: I am quite grateful to have insurance at all, especially for Shawn.  His pharmacy bill alone would be over $600/month right now without insurance.

On the other hand, my new "exciting" options during open enrollment also managed to pack an "exciting" new price tag.  I spent quite a long time trying to figure out what options would make most sense for us, and ended up with a plan very close to what we have right now - all for $400 more a month.

:-(

It feels to me like the insurance company is taking advantage of new healthcare reform to hike up prices.

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Hi Sheri! Yes it was D. Not R!!

But I don't have a wireless modem so we haven't been able to use it yet. It's just sitting there collecting dust. Do you know a workaround for that?

I miss you too. There isn't a week that I don't think of you (and Shawn). I really miss you too and hope you are enjoying your new job, etc.

Glad your cast is off too!

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?