Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inconclusive

Shawn's doctor just called - he didn't have much time to talk tonight but knew we were eagerly awaiting results, so wanted to at leave give us the short version - which is that the results are inconclusive. No positive finding of a carcinoid but also no way to rule one out.

We'll be talking more in the next few days about what is the best next step. In the meantime, we'll just have to stay for a little longer in the Waiting Place. Turns out there are lots of rooms there; we'll be moving from the the short term (intense) wait room back into the longer term wait room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever my head thinks, my gut tells me this is good news -- I can't help but feel relief at reading this post. I realize you all may not yet feel the same as you are still left with no clear answers, but I pray that in the course of time, you will. Here's hoping that the waiting game ends soon!